With a string of 10 days of raw and rainy weather, we could never have expected how much Ma’ Nature loves Jazz. Nor did we expect such a turn-out – 700+ showed their appreciation for great music, and they were rewarded with unforgettable shows from all 6 bands:
- Dino Govoni with The Horseneck Trio and The UMass Dartmouth Faculty All-Stars
- Southcoast Jazz Orchestra
- Marcus Monteiro Quartet
- Dori Legge with The John Harrison Quartet
- The UMD Latin Jazz Vision Ensemble
While Buzzards Bay Brewery made a return trip to JazzFest, we welcomed another local favorite, Shipyard Brewery. And let’s not forget the food – Fiddlestix, Grilled Cheese Nation and Flour Girls left everyone with smiles on their faces.
All of this, the brainchild of Eric Paradis, is to benefit Your Theatre – a 67 year young company that is in need of their own place to call home.
Which brings us to some very important links that we hope you visit, patronize and share with others:
- Your Theatre – the reason for and benefactor of New Bedford JazzFest
- Bridgewater Credit Union – Our major sponsor and partner for JazzFest
- Whaling City Sound – A major JazzFest contributor and home of many JazzFest Artists
- Artworks! – Featuring all of the art vendors from JazzFest
- Shipyard Brewery and Buzzards Bay Brewery – Our donors of delicious libations
Did we forget anyone? If we did, please let us know so we can recognize their efforts in making this year’s JazzFest so successful. Here’s to year 3!